retell literacy center activity - Fresh Fall Leaves
Here is a book I use to teach as a writer's mini lesson and use it in one of our literacy centers in our classroom - the retell center. This is how I created a 'Fresh Fall Leaves' retell activity to go in our retell center as an option for my kindergarten students. It was as simple as buying one item at the dollar store. My kinders get to choose the book(s) they want to retell while they are at this literacy center. They read, the act, they use lots or great vocabulary and are developing fantastic reading habits all while continuing to build their love of reading.
Fresh Fall Leaves Retell (Literacy Center Activity)
It's one of my favorite literacy centers and we usually introduce Fresh Fall Leaves late in the fall. I purchased a set of fake leaves from the dollar store (they were on a garland like vine, but I just pulled them off) to make the props for it. Very inexpensive! We use this story to teach that one way to write stories is to make the ending the same as the beginning. It's a simple technique but can really add elegance to a kinder's writing!
This is also a good connection book if you do FOSS trees, wood and paper science units.
Go back to read the Retell Literacy Center Directions {in case you missed it}
You can make this kindergarten activity yourself! Here are the materials you'll need...
Materials:
- Leaves (fake)
- Fresh Fall Leaves by Betsy Franco
This article includes affiliate links.
More Retell Literacy Center Book Activities for Kindergarten
Have you ever read Fresh Fall Leaves to your class?
If you like what I do here on KindergartenWorks, then be sure to subscribe today. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly.
- Leslie
If you like what I do here on KindergartenWorks, then be sure to subscribe today. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly.
- Leslie
Labels: literacy centers, retell center


<< Home