KindergartenWorks: Top 5 Kindergarten Teaching Ideas this Week {5-22}        

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Top 5 Kindergarten Teaching Ideas this Week {5-22}

Its that time again – I’m featuring my favorite kinder teaching ideas to use this week from last Thursday’s linky party. I hope you find something fantastic that you’d like to try doing or try teaching.


These are just the top 5 teaching ideas that I had time to highlight, so a huge thank you for those who took the time to link up their fabulous teaching ideas!


1. Resources for Leo Lionni Picture Books – You'll find 6 of Leo Lionni's most favorite books with art lessons or activities to teach along with. You'll also find great links to free printable lessons and resources. If you use his books, this source is for you!


6. Advanced Word Work for Kindergartners - This is one of my own ideas that I have hosted on Teach Junkie {where I invite you to share your ideas too} that is an exclusive free download that you can't get anywhere else. I created it to stretch and challenge my kinders who are past working on cvc words.


3. Active Learning Game - This lesson plan will get your students moving. With a fun title like monkeys and baboons, who wouldn't want to play. Find out how you can get kids actively learning any concept with simple materials and loving every minute of it.
7. Number and Addition Skills With Playdough - Work on number recognition or bring in addition skills with this playdough free download. Students take turns rolling the dice, adding and building a bug. First one to build a complete bug wins! What a great way to give a partner something to do while another friend is taking their turn rolling and adding.



8. End of the Year Rhymes and Poems - Perfect timing for those of us who are winding down the year. Here is a collection of 4 poems for the end of the school year and a song that you can teach students to sing. You'll also find a link to more end of the year rhymes and keepsakes.

Are you wondering what was the most popular {or most clicked on} idea from the party was? Well… it was Resources for Leo Lionni Picture Books.

Thanks ladies. Your ideas are creative! You were all so awesome and you played first class by leaving comments for each other too {love that!} Feel free to grab my "I've been Highlighted" button since your tips and ideas were definitely worth the shout out.

You can view all of the ideas linked up HERE. If you have a blog, be sure to check in on Thursday when you can link up your favorite or most recent kindergarten teaching tip like a project you made, a lesson idea or a fun tip.

If you like what I do here on KindergartenWorks, then be sure to subscribe today. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly.
- Leslie
*Free downloadable Thank You Gift included when you subscribe via email or RSS.

Labels: , , ,