end of the year kindergarten class sorts and memory banner
Today was the day. Our last day of school! {Well, it's now officially 1:34 am, so give or take a few hours} I am excited to have time to share ideas with you this summer from this past year and ideas for next year. One of our end of year duties that we pull together is what we fondly call a "kid sort." Do you do this in your school, or have any input?
We create student profile sheets that are a tad bit of extra work, but something I consider a valuable piece to next year's teacher. While their report cards do give their first grade teachers a great understanding of their academic skills, our student profile sheets are "what I really think you should know about this student... at a glance." I understand the concept of not being biased on a student's achievement level, but in my experience sharing with another teacher, is caring. I share what is most pertinent, and what we write down is con.fi.den.tial, which is great. I can say exactly what I need to say, teacher-to-teacher.
Need a last minute project? Have your kinders outline the bubbles with as many colors as they have crayons and then paint with watercolor to fill in each bubble. I take a picture and email them home on the last day! Looking for another option? Little Miss Kindergarten has a cute handprint poem that might fit the bill.
More Free Downloads
Free Addition Game
Free Valentine Cards for Students
Free Describing 2D Shapes Game
With all of my kinders "sorted", hydrated after field day, they each received a hug and their, "You're a first grader now!" affirmations. Sorted and sent off. Looking ahead with reflections in tow.
If you like what I do here on KindergartenWorks, then be sure to subscribe today. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly.
- Leslie
If you like what I do here on KindergartenWorks, then be sure to subscribe today. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly.
- Leslie
Labels: Assessment, End of the Year, Freebie


<< Home