kindergarten timed tests - building fluency within 5
Starting this quarter I want to reward my kinders with knowing they are increasing their skills by giving them a repetitive activity that'll show growth. Dare I say, they will be getting a "timed test?" Most of my kinders will love the challenge and I've worked at putting it together so that it is meaningful to parents and will show my kinders their own growth. This will hopefully help them enhance the skills:
- K.OA.5.a. Add fluently, orally or in writing, within 5.
- K.OA.5.b. Subtract fluently, orally or in writing, within 5.
Timed Tests for Kindergarten
The first one has a parent explanation sheet, and all of them have a sheet that I am copying on the back for parent help. The last few tests increase in number of equations to help build their stamina. Let's see how this goes, shall we?
They are also being photocopied onto overheads and placed as independent work in our practice zone because doing a "work sheet" just feels fun when you're allowed to use a vis-a-vis marker! I hope they can be of use to you too!
creating ten frame manipulatives
picture directions for math games
subtraction - am I the last one?
teddy bear addition
making math vocabulary stick
More Math Fluency
free downloadable gift to facebook fanscreating ten frame manipulatives
picture directions for math games
subtraction - am I the last one?
teddy bear addition
making math vocabulary stick
Its too early to start a count down, but its hard to believe we have nine weeks left!
If you like what I do here on KindergartenWorks, then be sure to subscribe today. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly.
- Leslie
If you like what I do here on KindergartenWorks, then be sure to subscribe today. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly.
- Leslie
Labels: Common Core Standards Connection, Guided Math, K.OA


<< Home