KindergartenWorks: introducing teach junkie - my alter ego        

Saturday, March 9, 2013

introducing teach junkie - my alter ego

Readers, allow me to introduce my alter ego. I am taking a leap to broaden what I do in the teaching sphere online and have created a site where we can all work together to put ideas in one place. I am a Teach Junkie.

Introducing Teach Junkie

TeachJunkie.com is a place for anyone to share their ideas, whether they have a blog or not, with the rest of the teaching world. Since the soft launch last week, there are 35 articles and links to over 40 free downloads. Since my comfort zone of teaching is in the primary grades - that has been my main set of contributions - so you my KWorks friends should find some great ideas!


It is set up to be able to hold thousands of ideas and the structure is all in place... so your ideas and your tips will be spotlighted in the category that will bring you the most traffic or recognition. All the teaching world needs now is YOU and your fantastic tips and ideas. It is my goal to give you an audience in exchange for sharing your ideas in a central location. (Of course if you have a blog - you'll share your link back to your blog post and we can finish reading there which brings you traffic)


What kinds of stuff can I find there?

  • You'll love the variety of types of posts. There are quick tips.
  • There are tutorials which will give step by step directions.
  • There are activities which can help you find ideas for your lesson plans.
  • There are diy-creative photo reels which are picture collections to inspire you.

How can I find ideas?

You can search by using the menus, search bar or click on the bottom of the articles to find more.
Find out where lots of ideas and tips are located by taking the tour.


How can I share my ideas?

Both bloggers and non-bloggers can join the Teach Junkie community and upload their thoughts and ideas. Any of the four types of ideas goes! So, if you enjoy reading KindergartenWorks and have tried some of our ideas or have your own classroom ideas to share - we'd love to feature you!

Stay tuned for one of our first featured series of articles too that was created just for you. Mrs. McKown from Little Literacy Learners is putting together a series of tips on making RTI happen for the everyday teacher!


What else?

You'll find that I love rounding up teacher ideas and featuring them which makes it easier to find collections of ideas in one place on a topic or theme. For example you'll find these great collections have already begun to pile up {wink}. You'll love the ideas from these fantastic teachers.

3 ELA Beginning Sounds and Blends Worksheets


ELA CVC Games {Free Download}



26 Free Fonts for Teachers



I've been keeping this under wraps since work started in early December and I am so glad {phew - and relieved... I'm not good at keeping things quiet} to finally be able to share it with you! I encourage you to become a subscriber via email to get your free thank you gift (and there's one for being a facebook fan too).

If you have any questions, I'd love to answer them for you. I can't wait to be a couple of teach junkies together!



I hope I'll see you there on a regular basis! If you like what I do here on KindergartenWorks, then be sure to subscribe today. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly.
- Leslie 
*Free downloadable Thank You Gift included when you subscribe via email or RSS.

Labels: , ,