brightly colored and cohesive
My last post about bringing color and function together in our multi-purpose magnetic board has led me to share about bringing in our bright color palette into other areas of the classroom. I've never wanted to decorate my classroom with anything that couldn't last more than a year, or that I'd tire of quickly, so I try to think somewhat long term. This year, I gave into the color scheme that I've had, but wasn't that present in my classroom. I like the results and the cohesive look to the room.
Bringing the colors together came in 3 areas. The bulletin boards {coming soon}. The accents. And the details. Now, I don't confess to decorate over the top by any means. My style is definitely more simplified. Just a disclaimer to make me feel better.

I've used some crates and a rug.
Throw pillows and bean bag chairs add pops of color. Browns, black, tans and dark blue (chair color) have become the neutrals in my room and aren't as noticeable to the eye.
And then there are a few more places around the room that you'll see these pops of accent colors come into play. Like under our guided math instruction table.
And in baskets that are on the shelf... not every basket, but some that anchor the space.
Rolling lunch crates...
And even a pop of color into our big book center as I finally found a pointer holder that I like for shorter pointers. It's a outdoor utensil holder that was on sale since summer is coming to a close from the Christmas Tree Shops.
Bringing color into the details was what made a difference for me this year. After seeing the chevron design being used by my favorite teacher down the hall and using a dismissal poster, I was hooked (this was after I purchased the rug seen above) onto bringing color that way into the room.
So, from that came...
A saying that I say to my kinders every day before they leave my room. I framed this and placed it by our front door.
{click image to download free}
And a hand washing sign that is posted on our bathroom doors.
So once they flip the bathroom sign to from occupied to "open" they will have this right in their line of sight and I framed it by the sink too.
Using the same color scheme onto our year-long bulletin boards.
More Classroom Decor
...And a few more places that haven't been photographed, but I hope that these accent and detail ideas can help you out your options think as you bring a cohesive look to your classroom!
If you like what I do here on KindergartenWorks, then be sure to subscribe today. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly.
- Leslie
If you like what I do here on KindergartenWorks, then be sure to subscribe today. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly.
- Leslie
Labels: Back to School, Classroom Decor, classroom organization, Freebie



<< Home