KindergartenWorks: standards-based computer pages {just for k!}        

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

standards-based computer pages {just for k!}


click a little, learn a little... and then learn a little more!
Do you have access to computers, ipads/tablets or a computer lab? I hope you do! We are really looking to beef up our technology equipment that we have in our classrooms.

Needless to say, my kinders only have access to a computer lab twice weekly. In order to make the most of our time spent in computer lab (and cut down on the lesson planning for myself) I knew I needed a plan to work smart and not hard. Yes... we have programs loaded on the computer at our school, but they aren't exactly what I'd call developmentally appropriate or standards based. We need to begin with the basics and quickly grow into practicing a variety of standards to make it most worthwhile!


I scoured the internet for sites that led me to the most standards-based and kinder-friendly interactive activities I could find. Now... how to organize them and keep them handy on a regular, kinder-friendly basis?

 

I created a weekly set of combined math and literacy activities that would meet the general needs of my class and match the pacing of our standards. I needed to also find a few sites that could start my kinders out with basic mouse movement, clicking and dragging practice. Now, I've got enough material that sequentially introduces,  practices and/or extends my kinders learning to fill an entire year!


Feel free to come download the free sample file (that includes the standards for each week) to see how they measure up! Go on.... click an little, learn a little and then learn a little more.

   

At the end of each set, there is a page of audio books to help keep your fast-moving kinders learning with the open-ended nature of listening to books read aloud. 




If you want the entire's years worth - they are ready for you! Happy clicking and therefore, happy learning!

What are some of your favorite ways to collect and store your favorite student websites?



Labels: , ,