KindergartenWorks: Who'll Believe It Really Happened?        

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Who'll Believe It Really Happened?


Wouldn't you know it? My kindergartners are still talking about their gingerbread men. We decided that we better write what happened into a story, or else people might not really believe it happened. We also need to let the "big kids" know that we did find our gingerbread men. So we went and posted our updates on our classroom door where our lost letter had previously been. 


{note: they were not eaten by a fox, nor the "big kids"}


It would have been ideal if my kinders could've post their updates on top of their lost posters that hung around the school so authentically. But alas, our overzealous holiday cleanup crew got rid of of everything Christmasy and I guess that included our gingerbread men posters. Oh well, I teach problem solving - and we wrote in bright red that THEY ARE FOUND and attached a picture of each of us holding our beloved gingerfriend and taped it to our door. 


Problem solved. 
We let the world know.



We worked on a shared writing activity today, and ordered all of the things that we did in order to try and find our gingerbread men.


Students wrote their own brainstorming chart, just a smaller version with clipboards while I was modeling on the large paper. We'll interactively write the text to a class book featuring our photos this week carrying into next.

Who'll believe it happened? I will for one... and for the next few years, I hope they do too.

-->

Labels: , , , , , ,