Instant Homework - Vacation Memory Book
One of my kinders is taking a family trip to Disney soon and I asked if there was anyway I could go with. Well, my request was denied but it sparked an idea (with additional thanks to the prodding of wonderful discussion on proteacher) for me to create a memory book designed for our kinders. Searching the web failed to reveal one that was kinder-friendly and age appropriate.
So, ta-daah, I whipped up a little magic and now my students can keep learning while creating memories away from the classroom. Satisfies the parent request for gathering homework ahead of time - in my mind that's a big phew (sigh of mental checklist relief)!
"You're going on vacation and you'll be missing that many days of school? Oh, how exciting. Here, I have a present for you. It's a brand new book that's never been written in. I'll let you take it with you if you promise to keep track of your memories and bring this back to share!"
Now at least we can have some wonderful experiences captured to share with the class and I have instant homework ready to go the next time too. Perhaps I can convince the next student of mine to let me go to Disney with them {wink}
More Writing
the write stuffNo David... Revisited
creating a writer's workshop folder in kindergarten
Who'll Believe It Really Happened?
Do you keep a secret stash or printable like these for such occasions? Do tell about it!
If you like what I do here on KindergartenWorks, then be sure to subscribe today. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly.
- Leslie
If you like what I do here on KindergartenWorks, then be sure to subscribe today. I look forward to sharing ideas with you weekly.
- Leslie

<< Home