Injecting Rhyming into Your Day
One of the little quips I use to help students remember specific people's names like Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and different authors that we feature like Eric Carle... I simply inject a rhyming name while I'm talking during our discussion. This works wonders with kinders and really keeps their listening ears engaged.
They love catching me saying, "...and so that's why we'll be painting like Teric Garle today" and before I've finished saying "today" they are immediately interjecting, "No, Eric Carle!" So, looking back to October when we were studying the art work, love of insects and concept of pattern stories found in many Eric Carle books... here's a portion of our class mural and summary of the beloved Very Hungry Caterpillar.
The tail end photo didn't turn out so clearly. This year, I made the caterpillar body and laminated it (so I won't have to remake every year). We simply wrote the summary using a vis-a-vis marker. More pattern stories we love and use as reference points...
Rhyming injected into what we do to keep kinders ears tuned? Yep! Tiny change to keep everyone on the same page!
Labels: Integrated Balanced Literacy, K.L, K.RF


<< Home